Wednesday 1 July 2015

PORTO




Now even in bigger love with PORTUGAL <3



First Destination :

PORTO

Everything started in Huddersfield, my Town. I had problem to find good train to the airport Manchester. I had only an hour to get to the gate. When I sat down I heard:

"This train will not go to Manchester Airport, we sorry for the inconvenience"
My heart began to beat faster. I had to change trains in Manchester Piccadilly, but...
there was some breakdown just before station. Train stands, I have 30 min to close gate
I started to ask people How to get off the train?! 
Unfortunately, it was not possible because the regulations do not allow.
I was shocked. I m free man and I cant go out now?! 
I almost pulled the emergency handle but then train started.
I quickly jumped out and rushing to find Taxi. Luckily there was many information so I found taxi in 5 min. 
So Im sitting safely in car and asking driver how much?
20 pounds, great I have only 18,8 pounds, rest only euro money.
We reach the airport and I informs driver about money.  
The door closed, started to negotiate.
Me: "I can give you 5 euros"
Driver:" euros?! What can I do with that?!, no one will change only 5 euros"
[Believe me I did not had brain in that time to fight with that d....k, I had few minutes to gate close]
Me: " I really sorry, I did not expect that"
Driver: "why you did not say earlier?!"
Me: "I just noticed I don t have more, so 5 euro it's ok?"
Driver: "5 euro what I will do with that. It's not about many but..."
Me: "Ok, 10 euros"

So that "nice" driver took 18,8 pounds and 10 euros. 
Im running to gate. Panic, stress....
and I see:


That only my plane is DELAYED!!

So I had to wait about 1,5 hour. I should mention that was easy jet airlines. The explanation: "there was a storm the previous night"

Finally I arrived to the Porto :)

Aeroporto
My friend picked me up to the Residencial Bela Star hostel



Really nice place. Only one thing surprised me, that they took my room key every time I go out. 



I paid 45 euros for 3 nights. Hostel was placed around 15 minutes from town center. 
I just took a shower and "Lets go"

Of course at the beginning I went in wrong way



But I found market and I had to bay something local:


local crisps, almost without salt, a little greasy but good :) 
and beer Somersby. 
I have funny story about this yummy apple cider.
When I was in Albania I discovered this drink and I was thinking that only there I can drink that, so all holiday I was drinking only that, then I came back to Poland and guess what I saw :))) 
In that time (2012 year) Carlsberg Group penetrate this cider :) 

Back to Porto, again I was surprised! I was able to drink alcohol on the street. 
In Poland It is strictly prohibited and threatens fines, in England you can drink but not in glass bottles. 

Ok now I can go to town center 



The main destination was river Rio Douro.
This is what I saw on the way:









As you can see streets are nice, not crowded, clean. You can admire wonderful architecture next to old, ruined buildings.

I'm walking satisfied, then one street vendor offers me glasses.

No, No thank you
Are you sure
no, no thank you
Maybe Marijuana? 

I was so surprised however later I was asked about that few more times. They must have great relations with police ;] 

Porto have something special. In this marvelous city you can find love everywhere. 





I saw many couples in romantic moment of love <3
Even animals want to love on the street :)


and then I saw heart on street

Love everywhere :] I'm love it :)


With the approach to the river increased the number of people,tourists.


RIO DOURO


I liked those buildings next to river. There was lot of small streets where you do not want to be after midnight. 


Clothes drying by the window on simple string. 

Magical, untouched by man. Like you not sure there is life. 


Right on the river you can find many stands with hats, tablecloths, handkerchiefs and souvenirs of course. 
About souvenirs, I saw in town center, before river, great shop with that sort of thing:


You can feel exceptional atmosphere inside surrounded by unique items. Looking like hand-made. 


 If you looking for something special you should go there. 
Here you can find more information about that place:


Bridge Dom Luis I  


Is a metal arch bridge that spans the Douro River between
the cities of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia.

By going across the bridge you can choose two ways: upper or lower.

The upper surface of the bridge:


The lower surface of the bridge:



Both ways have beauteous views. 

After Bridge you have the opportunity to take advantage of cableway connected with wine tasting. 


Unfortunately I did not use the occasion, because I had to go met with my friends. 

Here you can read more about that tourist attraction :

Prices on this side are high. I did ask one man about ride and he said something around 10 euros. But I did not reach to the entrance so I do not know the prices.

I hope you will try this. If you do please share with me your experiences :]

If you would like to read more about Cableways here you can find information about genesis of cableway:


Time to eat something 

I always try to taste local kitchen. With my friends we went to some shopping center with restaurants. I liked this option cause that was not so expensive and also you had lot of food to choose. There were tables in the middle and restaurants around so you could try everything like I did :)






I tasted food with fish ( I don't like fish ) and that was good. 

The most important. If you are in Portugal you have to try this small desert: 

Pastel De Nata



World's famous egg custard tart in filo dough.
Cost something around 1 euro in town center and 0,30 cents in Lidl shop. 



Here you can find more Portugal deserts:



More Town Center




Sao Bento Railway Station
Estação de São Bento

Inaugurated in 1916
It is located in the Almeida Garrett Square, in the center of the city. It remains in regular use as a railway station, served by trains operated by Comboios de Portugal.





In this city you can find one of the most exceptional McDonald's in the world. I was there and it is amazing. 


Here you can read about others unique McDonald's 


I really like that plane one, but Im love plans anyway so.... :) 

If I will be in New Zealand, NO! correction, when I will be in New Zealand I will go there, that is my new target :)


....beach..... ummm :))))

I took metro to get to the Matosinhos by "A" line.
You have to look for sign like that.





Any information about metro you can find here

There is a map so you can check with stop you should take.
Remember, after you will buy ticket (in machine)


 you have to scan that card. 


You will find machines like that on stops and on statios.

And every passenger must have his own card. 

Porto beach was nice, not crowded, clean as well. There was opportunity to play volleyball. 






Big adventage is pretty sand shimmering like gold <3

 and Of course I had to go to the Atlantic ocean at least once.


Night

NOVA ERA BEACH PARTY !!!!!


It was AWESOME!!!

'




I have no words to describe how good fun that was. Great music, 
GOOD SOUND SYSTEM
[This is the most important for me, thanks that I could dance everywhere not only in the crowd] 
and Ocean next to me:) Unfortunately it was forbidden entry to the water, for safety. But still I was happy that nature is next to me :]
 Also I was witness of many attractions like fire or confetti.
And prices inside was fine, like small Somersby cider cost 2,5 euro and when I bought 2, I got special hat :))

With my wonderful portuguese friend Clara.
Others drinks around 5 euros. 
There were no too many people so you don't have to spend hours in queues. 
If you like that kind of music you have to be there!!! 

Tickets cost 34 euros per Two days.

More TOWN CENTER 









And at the end 
typical Portuguese accent :PP




No comments:

Post a Comment