Sunday 12 July 2015

LISBON


Lisbon 


Aeroporto




I had only one full day in this city. Airport in Lisbon is close to town center. 
Upon arrival I decided to walk to hostel. Cheaper and also I saw a bit of Lisbon from the beginning. Of course I was lost. Soo I saw more.

Few photos from that walk.











After 2 hours walking I came to my hostel.

Again that was big positive surprise.
 Only one thing might be problem for others, that window was directed to the street. For my it was not problem. Also there was no air conditioning or any fan. So during the night you have to have open window and that main road have been noisy. 





There was unique atmosphere with bookshelf and simply wooden tables. They have kitchen and toilets with shower on every floor. The most I liked terrace 





Unfortunately I don not have more photos but you can see more on this website:


I paid 37,5 euros for 2 nights. 

After exhausting walk I just took a shower and went for eat something. On the Avenida Almirante Reis there was lot of fast food type restaurants open even that was late evening. 
My choice was simply kebab cause I was badly hungry :)
Then chill out in room. I felt great when I sat next to my almost balcony with beer and good local cookies. 
I love cookies.



View from the balcony

Next day I decided that I need to see some nature therefore I went to the Sintra city where you can find natural park. But first I had to get a train.

Few photos from the way to train station






When I got to the Rossio railway station, I saw two lines. One to traditional window, second to modern self-service machine. Simple choice - self-service machine, and that was mistake. It turned out that first you need to have a card where you can load ticket.
Soo One train is gone.
Traditional window. This queue moves faster. I bought ticket to Sintra with return 4,30 euro. 


More information about trip to Sintra you can find here:


I had 45 minutes to next train, I hate to wait and waste me time, I figured that I can quickly see Rossio square and Terreiro do paco.







That place was so amazing that I had to run when I realized what time was :]



From the moment when I got off the train in Sintra, I was delighted.

This city is prepared for tourist. You can find here lot of attractions and information.



You have three routes to choose from. 

I found what I was looking for, time with nature.


Other tourists were there but no to many therefore you are able to have enjoyment walk. 
During my tour I had the pleasure to meet a group of older British people who are inspiration for me. Despite age they had energy and strength to acquire the top. Also they were interesting and entertaining. 

After this I returned to Lisbon to see last time fabulous Terreiro do paco.




I felt safe. Despite late hour, still you could find tourists, a group of youth, couples in love even police officers. 

At the end I would like to show something that got my attention



These are products off a well-know supermarket Lidl whose you will not find in England (or I did not see). 
This is fish and seafood.
There were few more things which I saw for the first time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment